A little while back I was tagged by Jess of Princessica of Books to do the Real Neat Blog Award. I am so honored that people are reading my blog at all, let alone nominating it to something like this. Be sure to check out Jess’s blog because she has some great reviews and insights about reading.
1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided.
Nominate 7 other bloggers. Like Jess, I’m doing 5. Solidarity, sister.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees.
1. Favorite part about blogging?
I enjoy writing posts because my sassy and opinionated side can come out. In person I can definitely be sarcastic, but I tend toward sweet and mellow most of the time. But more than actually blogging, I like that I am discovering new blogs all the time and therefore new books to look for. My book wishlist has gotten out-of-control long since I began Readvive.
2. When you are not blogging or reading books, what are you doing?
The answer to that question will actually change in a couple of weeks! I am less than a week away from finishing my Masters degree, and for the last two and a half years I would say that I spend most of my time working and doing school-related things. Yes, I am that person. I am now looking forward to having my evenings free instead of going to class or working on papers. I also used to work on weekends and fill any spare hours catching up on class assignments. But apart from books, my first love is horses. I have been squeezing in riding lessons in the hopes of getting back to competing. I am willing to sacrifice a lot of other aspects of my social life to make sure I get my butt in the saddle. I also dabble in yoga and spend a lot of time with my dog (I am actually tossing tennis balls for her as I type this).
3. Favorite post so far?
I’ve posted so little at this point that I’m not sure I can pick a favorite. I think I got the most passionate writing about Contents May Have Shifted.
4. Best part about your country?
I live in the U.S., and I can honestly say I have a love/hate relationship with my country. I do love that I can go to cold rocky beaches, warm tropical coastlines, mountains, deserts, temperate rainforests, open plains, big cities, little towns–and all without using my passport.
5. Biggest fear?
Being stuck in an apparently vegetative state but actually be conscious and have full awareness. Think that one episode of House or what I heard happened this past season in Grey’s Anatomy (I don’t actually watch that show, I just gathered information through the internet insanity and friends who watch it).
6. Best advice you have been given?
Do what makes you happy.
7. Why do you love the books you love?
That’s a hard one. I’ve loved a lot of different books and they are all unique unto themselves. The books that I love the most are the ones that I reread and find a new layer to the story or characters. They are also the ones that I reread at different times in my life and a new part of the story hits home. I guess that means that I love the books I love because I will be able to read them fifty years from now and still be able to relate to them.
I am now tagging the following five bloggers (apologies if you’ve already been tagged, hopefully a different set of questions will intrigue you):
- Nicola at Book Bunny
- Rae at bookmarkchronicles
- Kerrie at comfy reading
- Bianca at The Ultimate Fangirl
- Syc at The Lit Mermaid
And as always, anyone else who wants to join in!
The questions are:
- What book from your childhood had the biggest impact on you?
- Cookies without milk, or milk without cookies?
- If you could chat with any author, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
- What is your current life soundtrack?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
- If you could live inside any book, which would you choose and why?